Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Missing in Action


Have you ever received an email regarding a job you never interviewed for?

Well today was one of those days...

The PP company in the post two before this one sent me an email earlier today, thanking me for my interview with their partners and asking me to come to the final round of their interview process. Only problem with this is I canceled my interview yesterday due to a little stomach poisoning and was never actually able to meet the partners.

I brought this up to my dad tonight and he pissed and moaned about the "good ol' days": face to face or phone interaction. No emails, no fax machines, no computers, just conversation and getting to know yous. At first I was annoyed: people can just as easily get to know one another through the internet as they can over the phone or in person. Why would they make internet dating sites if people weren't able to type aptly enough to understand?

As a product of a generation that relies solely on computers, I lack the sort of comfort in the company of others that my parents seem to have. A small box filled with interconnected wires, chips and electricity is controlling my life and so now I'm taking steps to remedy the situation.

Perhaps this is why I chose to walk into the bank this morning rather than going through the drive-up. It could also be that my driver's side window doesn't work, but I'm going to go with a desire to interact with human beings for a change. Or, in this case, for change...

No comments: