Tuesday, October 13, 2009

That New Fangled Interwebz

A constant complainer, my mother woes my current employment status and insists on searching this "internet" for jobs for me.

"It's not the same as it used to be," she said to me. "When I moved to California with your father I had to send my resumes or go in and talk to people."

Admittedly, I love email. The best way to express how you feel without that awkward stutter or slurred speech. A way for all women kind to be free of gender-bias that makes us seem better fit to bake a pie than write a headline. A way for men of the slightly more anemic persuasion to prove their worth through their words rather than the width of their pectorals. Also, I'm a chicken and have serious rejection issues.

As I thought more about it, I wondered why as a populous we don't hearken back to the good ol' days of print copies and up close and personal. Why must we be distant?

So today I applied for jobs hoping that if I really convinced them of my worth I would get an interview.

And then my phone rang. Wish me luck!

No comments: