Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out with the Old, in with the Reasonably Fresh

Unlike may people, I do not feel as if the passing of time changes much of anything (except aging of course, that much is evident). Instead, I like to remind myself that change can occur whenever I want it to and personal goals should be created whenever I feel that I'm slacking.

Oddly enough, this coincides with the onslaught of 2010 (what a coincidence).

A few things I will most likely be cutting back on or improving in the next few months:

1.) Drop 15 lbs. This has nothing to do with the fact that I have become rotund, but more with feeling sluggish and tired. I want energy and I do not believe it should come from a cup or a can.

2.) Keep on pluggin' Craiglist for a salaried job. I fully heart the job I have now, but when I have to scavenge for student loan payments every month on top of everything else, it's time to weigh my options.

3.) Be more aggressive. People will not understand that my timidity occasionally stems from a desire to avoid confrontation, rather than just being a bitch. I prefer to sit in my office doing database work than go on a shoot or do an interview...this either makes me lazy or a coward. Or both.

4.) Try not to be such a sad clown. Seriously, shit goes down and it's difficult to accept, but as the boyfriend always says, it will work out. So stop crying for the fifth time this morning and have a bagel.

5.) Cut the M-Fing cord. I love my family and would prefer being there to living on my own. This could be because my mother makes all my meals and occasionally does my laundry, or the fact that it's filled with love and happiness and is closer to my high school friends. I have to realize that I live in New York now and if my friends really wanted to see me, they'd make the effort. If they don't, find new friends.

6.) Get a haircut. That's about all there is to that, really.

7.) Learn all there is to know about social media. Interwebz, h3r3 1 c0m3!

8.) Twitter obsessively. It's a sickness, I know, but there's something in being able to make small quips about your life that have nothing to do with anything. It's like Tourettes for internet fanatics. No apologies, just acceptance.

9.) Go to Comic-con. Meet Seth Green.

10.) Respect myself and have fun. Being a Debbie-Downer is just...bad. There's no way around being a complete depressive mess, but there are a few ways to get through it.


The rough outline will suffice for awhile. I guess I should probably include "survive three weddings"...but I haven't even gotten to that point. That will probably include a few months of therapy followed by a trip to the tailor to help turn my orange bridesmaid's gown into something resembling a dress I can wear in public without the pretext of matrimony.

All in all, good goals, I think.

No comments: