Saturday, July 5, 2008

Satisfaction Late, but Guaranteed

There's nothing so awesome as receiving your college diploma in the mail two months after graduating. My fake leather holder had been thrown around my house like any piece of randomness and so attempting to, in my glee, find said holder and place my photocopied diploma in it was no easy task. Perhaps the $160+ in tuition coupled with unbelievable amounts of past stress had compiled itself into an outburst of such screaming happiness, that I convinced my father that the world was ending. Think Richter Scale.

I guess now this means I have to up the ant on my job searching. At this point I have decided to shun all BBQ's (this includes the fourth of July entirely in which I sat in my house watching Charlie Bartlett and Lost in Translation) in favor of a less pressuring environment. My room has started to turn into a Forever 21 library as I gather both clothes and books in a very cramped space. The lack of storage is beginning to be a problem; I have no desire to stuff my beloved novels into boxes and put them in the attic where they will receive no love, nor do I feel my clothing must suffer as almost all of it gets worn and washed (repeat).

Instead, I'm relegating my job search procedure to my living room, where I have to use two computers for the process. My mother's, as she possesses Microsoft Office and easy access to the kitchen, and mine, which has all the rest of my needed info. When one computer isn't working fast enough for me, I switch to the other and still accomplish nothing. I would blame facebook and myspace, but I find those two websites so upsetting that despite having profiles on them (soon to be deleted out of disgust), I rarely frequent them..at least not with the enthusiasm I had while in school.

I blame this website: http://perezhilton.com/

Most of my friends are a tad flabbergasted that I do not watch the news nor read the newspaper unless it's local. Admittedly, I am selfish and a wimp, and thusly can only handle bad news in small doses. On Hilton's website, I skim the more gossipy entries in favor of those that discuss unemployment levels, the rise of gas prices and who plans on taking Tim Russert's place for Meet the Press. There are times, such as when I'm on the train and a kind former patron leaves their Star Ledger sitting on the seat I choose, where I will read what the world has in store for me. Otherwise, it's to Perez Hilton I go because despite being a bit nasty, he reports everything. Even if I do have to read (i.e. gloss over) about the Gossip Girls actors all the time.

No comments: