Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Music of the Fright

Itunes and all music arenas therefrom have become a personal Saving Grace. I find that I make playlists to fit all my moods (since I'm female, that's pretty much 20 plus) and each one has quite the title. This morning I created a bit of a landmark playlist (see previous entry) and titled it "Don't Worry, Your Parent's Couch is Always There For You". I can't say that my Itunes was thrilled and it was cut off to "Don't Worry", but it did not stop me from including the following songs:

Everything Will Be Alright by Joshua Radin (God, I hope so)
Don't Give Up by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush (I can't, I need health insurance)
Say What You Need to Say by John Mayer (I'm working on that)
Blackbird-Beatles (I was waiting for this moment to arrive...thought it would come with a paycheck)
Foxy Lady by Jimmy Hendrix (Every girl needs a pick me up)
Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap (Pretty self explanitory)
Listen Up! by The Gossip ("Take my advice and listen up, don't be a fool like the rest of us")
Can't Stop the World by Gavin Rossdale (Though sometimes I wish I could)
Land Down Under by Men at Work (We all need options, going to Oz was mine)
Private Dancer by Tina Turner (This was the other option is Australia didn't pan out)
Strength, Courage, Wisdom by India. Arie (I'll need to remember these)
Blame it on my Youth by Jamie Cullum (That's what seems to be happening)
Wordplay by Jason Mraz ("Gotta find another way to live the life of leisure", Laugh Out Freaking Loud)
Ice Cream by New Young Pony Club (Mostly because I could use some ASAP)
Nice Tomorrow by Brian Sizensky (I always like to include Brian because he's a nice guy and he's a talented artist. And it better be nice tomorrow, damnit)
Brass Monkey by The Beastie Boys (Where's the nearest bar?)
Something to Believe In by Clannad (SERIOUSLY.)
I'm a Slave for You by Britney Spears (You get the picture)

There were a few more, but that's the jist of it. Right now I'm off to the freezer to annihilate an entire package of Klondike Krunch bars.

Someone call me tomorrow to make sure I didn't O.D. on chocolaty goodness and self inflicted loathing.

P.S. The artist at the top is Natalie Dee...check her out!

No comments: